Artdeco Green and Purple Eyes


I have a love-hate-relationship with the colors blue and green.

Love: how they look great on other people
Hate: that I look like a lunatic when using them

Now once in a while I refuse to acknowledge that they just don't work for me because, hey, I want to wear that gorgeous green too! So I ignore the fact that only warm colors look good on me and just dip my brush into that green...

And as always: DISILLUSION!!
And as always: quick, cover up that green with something brown or purple...

So here is my makeup tale from this morning:
I applied my eyeshadow base, then, I thought, if I apply a warm brown base, that will warm the green up! So I applied my MAC Fluidline in Rich Ground all over my lid. I took my Artdeco green color "Delicious Kiwi" and applied it all over the brown base and on my lower lashline. Didn't look too bad. I then took the darker green "Late Spring Green" and applied it to the outer lid and on the outer lower lashline.

Started to move around uncomfortably in my bathroom... Had to do something about that green on my eyes... So there we go, I took "Pearly Italian Coffee", a nice brown taupe color and swirled it all over my outler lid and into the crease. And then, I took "Pearly Antique Purple" and coated it over most of the green...

So yes, this is my "green" and purple look! :-)

I will list the products used once more for more clarity:

Artdeco Eyeshadow Base
MAC Fluidline in Rich Ground
Artdeco Duochrome Eyeshadow "Delicious Kiwi"
Artdeco Duochrome Eyeshadow "Late Spring Green"
Artdeco Pearl Eyeshadow "Pearly Italian Coffee"
Artdeco Pearl Eyeshadow "Pearly Antique Purple"
Benefit eyebright (around tear duct)
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish "Redhead" (the lightest shade as highlight)

Hope you can see ANY green in the photo! :-))
Oh wait... there's still a little bit left on the lower lashline :-))

Take care
Blusherine

6 comments:

Hannah. on August 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM said...

Ist das lied nicht von Toploader? Auch egal :D
Danke, viele Grüße aus Düsseldorf :)

luna28 on August 12, 2009 at 3:42 PM said...

"makeup tale" :) hihi...
ich wollte mal fragen, ob du lust auf einen linktausch hast?
liebe grüße, luna

blusherine on August 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM said...

@luna28: Ich bin schon deine Leserin! ;-)

Schminkmädchen on August 12, 2009 at 5:04 PM said...

Also mir hätte der Look auch mit mehr Grün gefallen. :) Kann mir gar nicht vorstellen, dass Grün nicht toll an dir aussieht - zu braunen Augen passt doch so gut wie alles!?

Lilly on August 12, 2009 at 5:35 PM said...

mir gefällt die kombo an dir nur bei mir sieht sie mistig aus ;-)

blusherine on August 13, 2009 at 8:33 AM said...

Danke für die Kommentare!

@ Schminkmädchen: das möchte man meinen aber ich hab so eine Mischung aus braun und grünen Augen und es sieht einfach nicht schön aus! ich glaube der trick ist, ein warmes grün zu finden, sowas mit goldunterton, falls es sowas gibt! :-)

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon