Pink and Mauve Eyes


A wedding is coming up (not mine! :-))

As always with weddings - one tries to look decent - since the wedding photographer will lurk behind every corner and shoot pictures which the wedding couple will of course post on the internet and everyone can see them and laugh at you!

So let's try to look nice!

(I do think that the focus of a wedding should be the wedding!!! Two people making a commitment!! But I still hate it when I see embarrassing pictures of myself online!)

So I have been trying to match my makeup to my dress, to see if I can find a combination that will work for sure. I see it as my personal morning challenge, just for the heck of it! I would grab a couple of eyeshadows that seem will work and run into my bedroom and hold them up against the dress. Then I would pick one, convinced that it will totally match my dress, and start to put it on my eyes!

Well, this is my third attempt and still it won't match the dress. Which is too bad, because if it doesn't match it exactly, there is no point since it will look really ugly and then I'd rather go for a neutral brown look.

But anyway, here is my look of the day, pink and mauve and totally inappropriate for the gorgeous dress!

Products used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC eyeshadow Part Peony (from Fresh Cut Palette) - all over lid
Catrice Soft Eye Shadow Velvet Matt in shade 050 Sweet Mauve - outer lid
MAC eyeshadow Trax - Crease and Outer V
Beige Highlight from 28 Neutral Palette
One coat of Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara in black
One coat of MAC Plush Lash Mascara in black
The Body Shop Brow and Lash Gel
Take care!
Blusherine

2 comments:

Schminkmädchen on August 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM said...

Sieht sehr hübsch aus. Wie sieht denn das Kleid dazu aus, dass es so schwer ist, die passenden Farben zu finden?

blusherine on August 22, 2009 at 9:43 AM said...

Vielen Dank! Es ist so pfirsich-rosafarben, ich glaube ich werde schlussendlich einfach meine foolproof-variante "all-that-glitters plus braunton" verwenden, das passt immer! :-)

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon