As Dark as it Gets - or - No MAC Style Black for me

So I went to the MAC store yesterday to check out the new collections "Style Black" and "DSquared2" and I left with...

NOTHING!!!

Can you believe it? Nothing, Nada, Niente!

OK, to be honest, I wasn't feeling it in the first place, but you never know, sometimes items don't look promising and then, when you try them out, they are fantastic. So I wanted to give it a shot, but, as expected, it just wasn't for me. Black is not a color I use often, not to say never. I use black mascara, but that's about it! I find it too harsh for me, too hard. I feel like a domina when I put on black :-)

But to follow the vogue of the hour and to be trendy and up to date ;-) I decided on a dark look this morning. This is as dark as it gets for me. It's dark brown with a tiny little black on the outer lid.
And here is the finished look:



Products used:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

MAC Fluidline in Rich Ground (all over lid)

Aromaleigh Mineral Opulent Lustre eyeshadow in shade Ginger (all over lid)

MAC eyeshadow Satin Taupe (inner lid)

MAC eyeshadow Black Tied (outer lid and V)

One coat of Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara in black

One coat of MAC Plush Lash Mascara in black


I hope you liked it!

Take care

Blusherine


P.S. I am still pondering whether I should get the Sculpt and Shape powder or the purple Greasepaint Stick from the DSquared2 collection... but maybe I should be a good girl and save my money for once...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon