My favorite Brushes


My favorite brushes are mostly MAC brushes, but I also like The Body Shop brushes (a lot) and Sigma brushes. Linho requested that I do a post on what brushes I use most often, and here it is!

First off, I apply my foundation with my fingers. I find that works best because it makes everything look very even and smooth. I get streaks when I use my foundation brush and I find that using a brush like the 109 or the 187 (which I sometimes do when I am in the mood) makes the foundation less opaque and also, you need more product because the brush soaks it up. Since I am a lover of sheer foundations (MAC Mineralize Satinfinish) I do want a little opaqueness there at least, or else I would have no coverage at all.

Anyway, here are the face brushes that I use most often:


I love the SS 187 for blush because I can apply the color very sheer. I just stipple the blush onto my cheeks and then I start blending it in. This way I have a lot of control of where the color goes. My Body Shop large fluffy brush I did use a lot during the summer time to set my foundation with powder (MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural). Now that my skin gets drier from the heating during the winter, I mostly skip powdering my face. The 109 brush is a great brush for contouring, I use it mainly for that.

My favorite eye brushes:


These I use almost every day. I also clean them every day, after I get home from work. That has become a routine.

My favorite concealer brushes:


I use the 249 for concealing blemishes on my face. The brush from The Body Shop I use for my undereye circles with my Benefit Erase Paste. I kind of use it like a spatula: I get some product on the brush, then tap it off on the back of my hand and then apply a very thin layer. For my liquid concealer (MAC Select Moisturecover) I use my small Urban Decay fluffy brush, that came with a palette.
I hope you liked my little favorite brushes post, Linho, this was especially for you! :-)
Take care!
Blusherine


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon