Essie "Violin" Nail Polish


Essie's shade Violin is on my nails right now.

I have to say Essie nail polishes require my best painting skills. They are definitely not the easiest nail polishes to work with. This shade I found particularly thin and streaky and when I saw the first coat on my nails, I doubted that I could make it work at all. I needed 3 coats to make it opaque and somewhat even and I have to admit that Seche Vite did the rest, it smoothed it out and made it look decent.

So if I had to give directions for use, this is what I would suggest:
  1. Concentrate reaaaaaaaally hard! Don't let anything distract you, like your cat... or a naked man on tv...
  2. Hold your breath while painting (you may breathe between nails) ;-)
  3. Eat an abundant meal before painting because your hands are less likely to shake
  4. Ask your boyfriend/friend/mom or whoever is around to cheer for you if you get a nail right, it will encourage you for the next one!
  5. Don't, by all means, give up, even if the first coat looks terrible. You will eventually get there, even if it means blow-drying your nails for an hour because you put on 7 coats...
I hope with these great tricks you will be able to master Essie nail polishes!
:-)
Take care!
Blusherine

oh, I forgot the real painting directions:
One base coat, three coats of Essie polish and one top coat.
Base coat: Essence Multi-Vitamin Nail Hardener
Top coat: Seche Vite

2 comments:

resham on December 9, 2009 at 2:26 PM said...

wow...the comment section is working...I hav tried so many tyms in the past to coment on your blog..but it was not geting posted...
did you fix it??

Blusherine on December 9, 2009 at 2:43 PM said...

hi there resham, yes indeed, I changed the settings and it seems to be working now! :-) yippee!! thanks for your comment! it is appreciated!

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon