Used Up: MAC Cremesheen Glass


Good morning everybody!

Since "Project 10 Pan/Kill your Cosmetics" is not working for me so well, I decided to post things as I use them up and make small reviews, so here we go:

MAC Cremesheen Glass in shade "Ever So Rich"

Cremesheen Glasses were first released with the Cremeteam Collection early 2009, then repromoted with the Magic, Mirth and Mischief Collection at Christmas and this year, 2010, with the Too Fabulous Collection. They have become permanent at MAC now.

After using up "Ever So rich", my final verdict would be: What you see is not what you get.

I bought the gloss last year at Christmas and, honestly, I am not very impressed! If you look at the promotional picture (courtesy of temptalia.com) the lipgloss looks very much like a milky opaque lilac/pink.

But when you apply it it just looks like clear lipgloss, even worse, like a clear lipgloss whose tiny bit of color settles in the creases of your lips. To state my point, here come my bare lips opposed to "Ever so Rich" on my lips:

Bare lips

Cremesheen Glass "Ever So Rich"

So you're going to wonder how I used it all up if I didn't like it so much. Well, I kept it in my office drawer and used it like a lip balm to moisturize my lips during the day. Usually, I put on lipstick in the morning but then I don't reapply during the day. I am too lazy. But I do like a little something on my lips, and "Ever So Rich" was perfect for that. Plus, being sheer, it matched whatever eye makeup I wore that day ;-)

So would I repurchase? Nawwww... at least not this shade. I have another one, "Partial to Pink" which is a little more pigmented and which I have to use up first.

So all in all, here are my pros and cons:

Pros: very creamy, moisturizing, great smell, non-sticky (whether that's a real pro I don't know, since it means it won't last that long)
Cons: way too sheer, the price (€19,50 for 2.4ml)

4 comments:

Britta on April 28, 2010 at 10:49 AM said...

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Aufbrauchen! Ich habe ihn auch und bin nicht so sehr angetan, weil er eben doch schon sehr sheer ist.

Liebe Grüße
Britta

Lilly on April 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM said...

gratulation zum aufbrauchen! ever so rich ist eine tolle farbe, ich sollte die auch mal wieder verwenden.

Yarisse on April 30, 2010 at 8:09 PM said...

Well, you saved me some money now :)

I have only Dazzleglass and I do not like it either. I especially hate the brush applicator - too hard and takes too much of product.

roxkitty on May 11, 2010 at 1:32 PM said...

I love Cremesheen Glass. I've used up Petite Indulgence last year and got one as a gift from my MAC MA. I found a backup when I was in Frankfurt airport early this year. So far I only have Boy Bait, Partial To Pink, Just Superb and Petite Indulgence. The colours are perfect for my very pigmented lips.

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon