MAC Digi-Pops Collection


Hello Ladies!

MAC Digi-Pops came out in Austria today and I went and had a look at the new lipstick formula: Dazzle! Or - in other words - glitter overkill! ;-)

13 shades are available, I picked up four:

Troublemaker: a reddish pink
Glaringly Hip: a pale peach
Hellraiser: a bluish lilac (sheer)
Liquid Lurex: a golden yellow-green (sheer)

Here are some swatches:





I have tried them on and I like them all except the peachy one, Glaringly Hip, surprisingly.

Even though I am all over peaches and corals this summer, this shade comes off a bit strange. I look like a bronze statue with a film of orange grain on my lips. I will make it work somehow, I guess.
The sheerer colors Hellraiser and Liquid Lurex are really pretty. If you apply them with a light hand you can see a subtle sparkle on your lips, not too over the top. Troublemaker is pretty, too. It's more pigmented than the latter two, but since it's more or less the color of my lips, the sparkles are not too obnoxious! :-)
So my suggestion if you want a wearable shade:
pick either one of the sheerer shades or one that is close to your lip color, a pink or a red.

I will see what my office co-workers say tomorrow when I walk in the door ;-)

Take care!

Blusherine

7 comments:

graphology on August 2, 2010 at 7:14 PM said...

The colours and the finish is so pretty :-)

Café Bellini on August 2, 2010 at 7:23 PM said...

Liquid Lurex looks interesting. A lot like the yellow Dazzleglass I used to have (I just gave it away!), it was surprisingly pretty!

Kristie on August 2, 2010 at 8:15 PM said...

Ooo do lip swatches! I want to see how pretty they look on you. I can't pull off glitter lipsticks at all.

resham on August 2, 2010 at 8:33 PM said...

These are lovely....I always find Glitter spreading all around my mouth wth Glitter products on lips.

Jule on August 2, 2010 at 8:49 PM said...

Lippenfotos, Lippenfotos, L-I-P-P-E-N-F-O-T-O-S!!!

Ansa on August 3, 2010 at 1:02 AM said...

I skipped on these mainly because of the glitter. The swatches look so pretty though

Lilly on August 3, 2010 at 5:06 PM said...

lustig, ich habe mir auch 3 von den farben gekauft, die du ausgesucht hast. den peachigen kann ich mir bei dir sehr gut vorstellen, vor allem für den alltag im büro. da werden die arbeitskollegen sicher augen machen ;-) wenn du so funkelst.

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon