"Metro Chic" Dupe


Hello Ladies,

if you live in Austria, Germany or Switzerland, you might be able to get your hands on a dupe of "Metro Chic", the infamous nail polish by "Sephora by OPI".
Manhattan Cosmetics came out with a new limited nail polish edition called "Spice up your Nails". There are six colors in the collection, they don't have names, only numbers, the Metro Chic dupe is number 96P.


"Metro Chic" is pretty hard to get over here and so I got really excited when I spotted the possible dupe. I swatched it today when I got home from work and here is the comparison. The Manhattan polish is a little lighter, but barely, it's a pretty good dupe. The color is a mauve-taupe.

Picture taken in direct sunlight first, and then with flash:




The collection was set to release on August 15, according to pinkmelon.de, I guess we got it early here in Austria. It should be available for about six weeks (except if it sells out before that, of course). Some dm branches here in Vienna have the display, some don't, I don't know what the deal is with that.

Anyway, in the pictures I used:
1 coat of Nail Tek Foundation III
3 coats of the "Metro Chic" and "96P" respectively
No top coat


"Metro Chic" was not completely opaque after two coats, that's why I applied three.

"96P" is actually better texturewise, it was completely opaque in two coats, but I applied three, to match "Metro Chic".

Take care my dear taupe-lovers :-)

Blusherine

7 comments:

amusedPolish on August 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM said...

there's another dupe from p2* which is in their permanent display- called rich&royal

*you can buy p2 in some palmers stores i.e. the one on rotenturmstraße or the one at the einkaufszentrum simmering

likeSamantha on August 9, 2010 at 8:04 PM said...

Oh, i just can´t wait for the Manhattan Spice Up Your Nails Collection...
This taupe-colour is so beautiful ♥

You´ve found a pretty good dupe... thanks!

Blusherine on August 9, 2010 at 8:15 PM said...

@amusedPolish: oh thank you very much, I didn't know that there's a dupe in the p2 permanent line, I will definitely go and check it out!

JustMe on August 9, 2010 at 9:36 PM said...

Cool!Das muss ich unbedingt suchen!Danke

vspinkgirlsblog on August 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM said...

Hi! I just wanted to come by and thank you for your kind words on my blog. I really appreciate knowing that someone is reading and commenting and it made me feel a bit better.

XOXO
Heather
http://vspinkgirlsblog.blogspot.com/

Ansa on August 10, 2010 at 12:20 AM said...

Wow. They are exactly the same. xx

fouzia on August 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM said...

sooooooooooooooonice color

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon