Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream


Hi Ladies,

I want to talk about my favorite lip treatment today:
Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream

I have both the skin and the lip protectant but I use both for my lips only! Whereas they work great on moisturizing my lips, I feel like they are way to greasy for my skin (and I even like greasy creams, but this one is too sticky). I know this is a staple in many makeup artists' kit because it can be used for various purposes, for example for highlighting.

But I use it for my lips only! If you want to try it and are unsure, I'd say go with the lip protectant stick! I can fully recommend that!

I think in consistency it's pretty similar to MAC's Naked Honey Skin Salve which came out with the Naked Honey Collection last year and which a lot of people liked.


As you can see below, I have used up one stick completely and have run the second one down pretty heavily.

I find this is a lip balm that doesn't dry out my lips any further. When I put it on it's instant relief without the need for reapplying.


On Elizabeth Arden's website I found:

Eight great ways to use Eight Hour Cream

  1. Alleviate dry skin
  2. Great gloss for lips
  3. Highlight eyelids, cheeks and shoulders
  4. For after shaving or waxing
  5. Shape brows into place
  6. Soften rough, dry cuticles
  7. Antidote for rough heels and soles
  8. Best in-flight moisture booster

Well there you have it!
I have never thought of shaping brows into place though...



The Eight Hour Cream is available as:
  • Skin Protectant
  • Lip Protectant Stick SPF 15
  • Moisturizing Hand Treatment
  • Moisturizing Body Treatment
It has won many beauty awards and is a legend of its own.

As for how it got so famous the Elizabeth Arden website says:
Created in 1930 by Miss. Elizabeth Arden, Eight Hour Cream became an instant and overwhelming success.The apricot colored balm was so beneficial to her clients, Miss Arden used it to soothe her famous thoroughbred horses' legs.
The name "Eight Hour Cream" came about thanks to a remarkable performance - a loyal client used it to treat her child's skinned knee and "eight hours later" the skin was all better.




Have you ever tried the Eight Hour Cream? Did you like it?

xoxo
Blusherine



9 comments:

amelie/magalie/belle on December 16, 2010 at 12:28 PM said...

Von der höre ich ja nur Gutes. Gibt es das in Wien zufällig zu kaufen? Dann könnte ich mir das mal mitbringen lassen:)
Lg
Belle

Blusherine on December 16, 2010 at 12:34 PM said...

Hallo Belle! Die gibt's bei Müller und bei Douglas, dort habe ich sie auch jeweils gekauft! Es gibt immer wieder mal Special Edition Packaging, das finde ich toll, dann hat man nicht immer diesselbe olle Dose zuhause stehen. ;-)

Mora on December 16, 2010 at 1:03 PM said...

wenn nur dieser komische geruch nicht wäre...
ich glaube, sie wäre schon recht gut, aber mir wirds jedesmal anders, wenn ich die dose aufmach.

Blusherine on December 16, 2010 at 1:08 PM said...

Hallo Mora, ich trau's mich gar nicht sagen, aber ich mag den Geruch! Ich weiß dass viele ihn nicht mögen, deshalb hab ich nicht geschrieben wie gern ich den Geruch mag sonst schreien dann alle "Um Gottes Willen"... :-))

XOVINTAGELOVE on December 16, 2010 at 1:21 PM said...

I've never tried it but it's on my list of "items to try". Sounds amazing!

amelie/magalie/belle on December 16, 2010 at 1:26 PM said...

Danke für die Antwort.:) Dann muss ich unbedingt mal gucken gehen.
Lg

LoveT. on December 16, 2010 at 1:31 PM said...

Schönes Posting!

Hab die auch immer daheim und in Verwendung ,mag die Retro-Tiegelchen besonders gerne ,die sind sooo hübsch
LG

FunnyFaceBeauty on December 16, 2010 at 6:31 PM said...

I've heard so much about this lately. I really want to try some. Which one would you recommend to be the most versatile?

Blusherine on December 17, 2010 at 9:47 AM said...

@FunnyFaceBeaty: The most versatile is probably the skin protectant, since you can use it for everything.

But honestly, I think it's just the same product just in different packaging!

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon