Movie Tip: "The Tourist"

Photo credits: Movie Poster


I went to the movies last night to watch "The Tourist", I know the critics didn't like it, but I say go watch it anyway, if only for Angelina Jolie's makeup.

I am usually not an Angelina Jolie fan, but I couldn't stop staring at her makeup, which is by makeup artist Toni G.

But apart from her makeup, I also really liked the movie itself. I have been pretty bored with everything I've seen lately but I really enjoyed the acting, the beautiful setting and the photography in this movie.

"The Tourist" is directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck and I have to say, the cast is excellent, the costumes brilliant and the soundtrack awesome. But what most impressed me was the cinematography, i.e. the lighting and camera choices. Equally charming were the décor and the set decoration, you felt like you were in the middle of the streets of Venice yourself.

I really like movies that have a love for detail, where the detail helps to tell the story, where it's not just one-liners and explosions.

The last good movies that I have seen were "Whatever Works" by Woody Allen last year and "Shutter Island" by Martin Scorsese earlier this year.

I hope more movies of the like come my way!

If you go watch it, I'd love to know what you think of it!

In the meantime I will pull out my black kohl pencil and red lipstick and try to recreate Toni G.'s makeup... ;-)

xoxo
Blusherine


1 comments:

Ansa on December 19, 2010 at 8:16 PM said...

I love Angelia. I keep reading bad reviews about this movie tho but still want to go see it. :)

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon