MAC Surf Baby Collection

Aloha!

Or what would be the appropriate surfer greeting? ;-)

I went to the preview party for MAC's Surf Baby Collection last night. Apparently my invitation had gotten lost in the mail, so I kind of invited myself. :-)
At the event, one Maccine recognized my voice from when I had called in the morning, with a desperate, high-pitched voice to ask if I could still come. We had a good laugh.


So anyway, here is what I got:



Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in shade Lush-Light Bronze
Eyeshadows Saffron and Short Shorts
Lipstick Hibiscus

I also got the smaller one of the two makeup bags, I really like it:





Here is lipstick Hibiscus up close. It's a bright reddish orange/coral color, very pretty, nice and opaque. It's a Cremesheen finish.




*edit: Here is a swatch on MAC NC30 skin:




Find a full review of MAC Hibiscus lipstick here.



Here is a swatch of Strange Potion lipglass (which I had from a previous collection):



Find out more about Strange Potion here.


Here are the two eyeshadows:

Saffron (left) I would describe as a rusty dark orange, if such thing exists. MAC describes it a deep coral caramel which I have a hard time imagining what that could be :-) It's a Satin finish and it's a repromote from the Mickey Contractor Collection, which unfortunately didn't come out in Austria. Anyway, there are plenty of swatches available already of this shade!

Short Shorts (right) is a frosty white champagne, the stress being on champagne, not on white, it's really pretty. It has a frost finish.




A quick EOTD with MAC Saffron on the lid:





Here is how the powder compact looks like. I had a matching paper bag at home to take a picture! :-)




And here is the Studio Careblend Pressed Powder Lush-Light Bronze up close:




*edit:
here is a swatch of Lush-Light Bronze (on my inner arm, MAC NC25)






There is a bronzer in the collection which I already had and which I can highly recommend if you have a medium skintone like me, it's called Solar Riche and if I didn't have it yet, I would have bought it!


Finally some swatches, first the eyeshadows:




then the lip products:





I will update this post if I do more swatches, you will find them all here.


On a different note:
I saw Austria's Next Topmodel, Lydia, this morning on the underground when I was going (running) to work. That just upgrades riding the underground so much! Apparently Jude Law is in town, he wouldn't be riding the underground though, would he! :o)

Any questions or comments (about the collection, not about Jude Law :-)), feel free to ask!


Have a great day!
Blusherine



20 comments:

LoveT. on April 28, 2011 at 8:46 AM said...

Toll geschriebenes Posting ,hat Spaß gemacht das zu lesen :D ,Danke für die super Swatches ,Hibiskus ist ein *haben wollen* für mich!

LG

Hagebutterchen on April 28, 2011 at 10:32 AM said...

Oh super, danke! So sieht er echt schön aus, mal sehen ob er mir zu warm sein wird. Werd ihn wohl am Counter testen ;)

Sag mal ist der Bronzer matt? Sieht auf dem Bild nämlich so aus :) Könnt der mir mit NW20 passen?

Ich seh schon, ich muss doch zum Counter im Mai :D

My Bathroom Is My Castle on April 28, 2011 at 10:37 AM said...

Tolle Beute, besonders der Hibiskus sieht klasse aus.
Ich war auch am Counter und habe mir die LE angeschaut, aber so spontan hat mich nichts angesprochen :-).
LG Britta

Blusherine on April 28, 2011 at 10:37 AM said...

@LoveT.: Danke dir, das freut mich!

@Hagebutterchen: Ich poste später noch einen Swatch! Der Bronzer ist matt, hab ihn jetzt nicht bei mir und gestern nur geswatcht, aber soweit ich mich erinnern kann ist er matt! Bei NW20 kannst du ihn eher nur zum Konturieren verwenden, würde ich sagen, aber lass dich am besten am Counter beraten, ich musste bei den Pudern selbst um Hilfe schreien! :-)

Blusherine on April 28, 2011 at 10:42 AM said...

@My Bathroom is My Castle: Hallo Britta, mein einziges Must-Have ist der "Hibiscus" gewesen gestern, den kann ich wirklich empfehlen! Aber ist eh besser wenn du ohne MAC-Sackerl nach Hause gegangen bist, ich ziehe meinen Hut! :-)

Hagebutterchen on April 28, 2011 at 10:55 AM said...

Alles klar! Ich brauch nämlich noch einen zum Konturieren und einen matten Bronzer zu finden ist nicht einfach :D Zumindest in der Drogerie wurde ich noch nicht fündig, alles was matt war, war viel zu orange. Werd mich einfach mal beraten lassen :)

Yvonne on April 28, 2011 at 11:11 AM said...

*hi hi genau die sachen will ich auch haben.... :-) super schöner einkauf!!

lg yvonne

Blusherine on April 28, 2011 at 11:15 AM said...

Hallo Yvonne, ich wünsch dir viel Spaß beim Shoppen!! :-)

Olia on April 28, 2011 at 11:18 AM said...

Ach ich liebe deinen Blog, aber mein Geldbeutel nicht:-D

LG

Blusherine on April 28, 2011 at 11:21 AM said...

Meiner auch nicht, aber einmal im Monat zwing ich ihn dazu! :o))

Olia on April 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM said...

Bleibt ihm ja nicht anderes Übrig:-D

civciv on April 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM said...

die sachen muss ich mir auch ansehen gehen :)

in den LiPpie hab ich mich verliebt <3

Kristie on April 28, 2011 at 6:48 PM said...

Hibiscus is very pretty on you. It's rather cool that the collection launched earlier than the US. Thanks for sharing your haul and swatches with us.

Vintage Makeup on April 28, 2011 at 11:31 PM said...

It's all so pretty!

Herzlich Willkommen! on April 30, 2011 at 6:42 PM said...

witziger post :)
schöne ausbeute!

Anonymous said...

Please, please swatch Lush-Light Bronzer!

Blusherine on May 2, 2011 at 9:07 AM said...

Wish fulfilled! ;-)

RayannaBanana said...

Thank you! Would you say it's similar to Strada blush at all?

Blusherine on May 3, 2011 at 9:46 AM said...

@RayannaBanana: hi there! :-) I wouldn't know because I don't have Strada blush ;-(

rebeltakipte on May 8, 2011 at 7:13 PM said...

i love this collection

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon