My 15 Minutes at Sephora...



Traveling with friends who have zero interest in makeup can be quite a challenge when it comes to makeup shopping on a weekend trip.

As you all know, I went to Paris for the weekend and of course I had to go to Sephora!
There is a huge Sephora conveniently located on the Champs-Élysées and I knew that we would pass it and I would get a chance to go in there!

So I saw the Sephora sign and piloted everyone towards it :-)
We entered the store, me getting all excited, everyone else looking pretty... shall we say... bored? :-)

My boyfriend (who knew this could end with him carrying a ton of shopping bags) said: "You know what, we'll come and pick you up in... say... 15 minutes?"

15 minutes?!?
Are you kidding me?!?
That will make for quite a challenge!

But I didn't want to keep them waiting, so I plunged into the shopping adventure.

I headed down the main aisle and noticed a Philosophy display on the right. I stopped short, but quickly realized, that I didn't have the time to read all the labels to figure out the perfect product. Also, with only hand luggage and an allowance of a 1 litre bag worth of liquids and creams, I didn't want to "waste" it on skincare.

So I walked on.

A Sephora lady stopped me and asked if I wanted to get my makeup done.

YES, OR YOU COULD JUST SHOOT ME!!!


I managed to cruise around her and went straight to the back of the store, toward the MAC counter. I dragged out my "Back to MAC" stuff (post about it coming soon) and talked to the MAC lady for 3 minutes. I gotta give credit to her, because she actually did manage to understand my French!!

I went back to look for Nars and Urban Decay - lucky me - the displays were next to each other, facing each other. I swatched Nars stuff, then I turned around and swatched Urban Decay stuff, then I turned around and swatched Nars stuff, then... (you get the idea...)

I remembered I wanted to check out Too Faced as well.

I ran around like a mad cow and finally located Too Faced, swatched some eyeshadows, and went back to Nars and Urban Decay.

After my hands were irrecognizable from swatching all over them, this is what I finally settled on:

Nars Eyeshadow Ondine





... and Nars Kalahari Duo




I went to the checkout and paid.

I already saw my boyfriend coming back to the store.

I knew then it was

GAME OVER!!!

;-)

xoxo
Blusherine




14 comments:

Biba on June 29, 2011 at 11:27 AM said...

Haha :) Nice haul! I can't wait to see the rest!

My Bathroom Is My Castle on June 29, 2011 at 11:28 AM said...

15 Minuten? 1,5 Stunden wären eher angebracht gewesen....aber mit Nicht-Junkies ist das so eine Sache, nicht wahr....:-)
Eine schöne Ausbeute dennoch, das Lidschatten Duo sieht super aus.

Liebe Grüße!
:-)

Der Label Name ist echt lustig *hihi*.

JC ♔ on June 29, 2011 at 12:05 PM said...

Haha. I could NOT just be in a makeup store for fifteen minutes, props to you for pulling it off. I like your NARS haul, can't wait to hear more about your trip!

MissA* on June 29, 2011 at 12:16 PM said...

15mins at Sephora? Nooo way!! *lol* There's Sephora everywhere here but I don't recall spending 15mins there.... let alone the one at Champs-Élysées!

Lilly on June 29, 2011 at 1:21 PM said...

you did well, my dear!
schöne sachen hast du dir gekauft!

graphology on June 29, 2011 at 7:21 PM said...

Die Nars Lidschatten sehen so toll aus :-)

Vintage Makeup on June 29, 2011 at 8:59 PM said...

Ohh how pretty!

The Make-up Fairy on June 29, 2011 at 9:34 PM said...

15 minutes can do a lot of damage!

xXMaNdAXx on June 29, 2011 at 10:32 PM said...

lol I loved your post! That's what happened to me as well while I was in London with my bf and best mate. They're obviously totally not interested in makeup/skincare so I persuaded my friend to go check out the rest of the stores in westfield shopping centre while I dragged my bf to the Mac store.. amazingly he stayed with me while the lady at the counter got all the stuff on my list. xoxo

http://www.blushmebeauty.blogspot.com

Heather Does Make Up on June 30, 2011 at 1:59 AM said...

Those are fantastic eyeshadows...nice choices! and I'm very jealous that you went to that big Sephora in Paris even if it was only for 15 minutes! (:

civciv on June 30, 2011 at 6:10 PM said...

oh wunderschööön :) ich war letztens extra bei Sephora in Hollan, aber sie führen leider kein Nars :((

ich möchte die Produkte auch so gerne ausprobieren :)

KISs
civciv

PinkCitrus on July 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM said...

Schöne Ausbeute! :)

Tina on July 25, 2011 at 2:55 AM said...

LOVE what you picked, I would have probably picked the same exact items myself!!!

Also.. "15 minutes"? Hello guys, we're girls and have blogs to research for, you know!! :D

xx

Blusherine on July 25, 2011 at 9:09 AM said...

@Tina: *lol* I know, I know! But my friends know nothing about my blog, only my boyfriend does, so who could blame them! :-D

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon