Vienna Beauty Flea Market: Impressions and Confessions...



So now it's history, the first Vienna Beauty Flea Market, that took place last Sunday!

We were overwhelmed and more than surprised to see that so many people came to to buy our stuff. It really wasn't a flea market, it was an invasion! Just like when MAC launched the Style Black Collection, you MAC-lovers know what I'm talking about :-) It was just like that. Our tables were raided!

Not only us bloggers who sold things were there, other blogging friends stopped by to visit us, like Michi, Mel and Chamy, Michi even baked Muffins for us, which was so sweet!

It was definitely a memorable day, it goes down in the book!

As for the guests, we had all different kinds of visitors: people who stopped by because they had seen the signs outside, people who dropped in after mass (the flea market was held in a parish hall), people who had come because they had seen the Facebook page or read our blogs, all sorts of very lovely people. One girl had even taken an early train from Lower Austria to be there, her hair still tousled because she had gone to a prom the night before...

And the funniest thing:
At some point a girl from MAC was standing there in front of me, and - roles reversed - I was selling HER stuff, MAC stuff. That was hilarious!

And there was this little girl, she was very young, must have still gone to school, she was looking at everything really carefully and then picked out a little palette. She left and came back after an hour and bought another palette, left again, came back again. I only realized after the third time that it was still her who came back and bought these little palettes. That really touched my heart. It reminded me of when I was young, it wasn't about makeup then, but it sure was little money and careful spending. I wanted her to come back, I would have given her something she liked, but she didn't return after the third time...

So there I was, with a humongous amount of makeup for sale. One girl, who had seen the sign outside and come in, asked me indcredulously, how come I had so much makeup. She couldn't quite grasp the idea of amassing so much makeup and asked if it was a hobby of mine. She asked twice! She didn't, or couldn't understand my answer the first time around! :-)

I guess yes, it is a hobby. I mean, when I saw all my things displayed there on the table, I asked myself how come I had so much stuff. But makeup is something I love, have always loved. It's instant transformation and instant change, and so easy to get off. It's something that gets me through the day, it's what I start my day with in the morning, and the last thing I take off before going to bed. It makes me feel better on a bad day.

So you're asking: (and my boyfriend is asking too) ;-)
Have I learned anything from the experience?
Will I still be going to MAC each month to check out their new collections even though I have so much stuff at home? Uhhhhhm... yes I will! :-)
Will I still be going to the drugstore and buy Essence and Catrice when they come out with new things? Sure, why not!

Makeup is changing all the time, new things come out all the time, and they do have an impact on a little part of my life. There was a time, when mineral foundation was not readily available in Europe, and where would I be without my beloved MAC Mineralize Satinfinish foundation today? There was a time when we had no eye primers and walking around with creasing eyeshadow was just a way of life. And there was a time when powders were so drying that I couldn't use one at all.

So yes, I guess I will still buy makeup, I will try out new things and purchase stuff I know I will probably like! And hopefully pass some of it on to you if it didn't work for me.
Maybe next year, at the Second Annual Vienna Beauty Flea Market?

;-)

But there is one thing I have learned for sure:

I HAVE TO STOP BUYING SO MANY BACKUPS!!

:o)


xoxo
Blusherine



23 comments:

goodlacknail on November 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM said...

:) ich habe ja "nur" absurd viel nagellack, aber ich hab's auch gelernt: ohne backups lebt es sich leichter, und man muss nicht so viel zum flohmarkt schleppen!

Blusherine on November 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM said...

Dein Wort in Gottes Ohr!! :o))

Jen on November 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM said...

War toll gestern und ja, mancher hat viel, aber manches sind Fehlkäufe oder Dinge, die einen angefixt haben und danach aber doch nicht der Prinz am goldenen Ross waren sondern eben Frösche.

Blusherine on November 14, 2011 at 1:42 PM said...

@Jen: ich habe viele Frösche... :o))

christerl on November 14, 2011 at 2:13 PM said...

Schöne Gedanken über Make-up - das muss ich auswendig lernen und dem Nächste, der mich fragt, warum ich eigentlich so viel "Zeug" habe, ins Gesicht schmettern :)

http://bellezzalibri.blogspot.com/

Blusherine on November 14, 2011 at 2:21 PM said...

*lol* hi christerl, ich üb das schon brav jeden tag und bete es immer meinem freund vor... je nach gesichtsausdruck ändere ich die version dann immer leicht ab... :o)

Lilly on November 14, 2011 at 2:48 PM said...

this was seriously a great Sunday. thank you for sharing a kaboodle with me (and Anna)and for making the day the best Sunday I had for quite a long time.
show us what you bought! ;-)

Blusherine on November 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM said...

hi Lilly, it was my pleasure, totally!! And thanks for helping me out when people needed advice!

war echt froh, dass du die leute für mich beraten konntest, ich kenn mich ja sozusagen nur auf meinem gesicht aus! :-))

Mel Eyre on November 14, 2011 at 3:27 PM said...

hey, der Post ist total toll geschrieben, das Mädchen ist ja süß! Make-up wird auch immer mein Hobby bleiben, ich wurde gefragt wieso ich keine Sachen verkaufe, weil ich ja soviel zuhause habe, und meine Antwort war: weil ich meine Sachen so lieb habe *gg*

Das Event ist echt gelungen und ich hätte nie gedacht, dass soviele Menschen kommen. Es war wirklich unglaublich schön!

Blusherine on November 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM said...

@Mel: Ja, das Mädchen war total herzig, schade dass ich sie nicht mehr gesehen habe, aber ich erkenne sie wieder, sie kriegt auch noch den rest der essence-paletten, wenn ich sie irgendwo seh! :-) ob sie will oder nicht! :-))

Rotkäppchen on November 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM said...

Haha, ich muss auch manchmal mit meinem Freund diskutieren-aber ich gewinne immer! ;)

Blusherine on November 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM said...

@Rotkäppchen: da musst du mir mal erklären wie du das machst! :o) ich muss mir immer wieder neue gründe einfallen lassen!! :-)

hellokittie on November 14, 2011 at 4:39 PM said...

wirklich süsse story von dem kleinen mädel - auf english hat es sich richtig schön gelesen.nächstes mal komme ich euch besuchen

SmokyBrownie♥ on November 14, 2011 at 5:35 PM said...

Will auch :D Ich hoffe du hast einen schönen Tag ? (:

kimspencil on November 14, 2011 at 6:19 PM said...

awwwww, the little girl sounds really cute. How old was she approximately? Should stop by next time :S

suianna on November 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM said...

Haha, an das eine Mädl kann ich mich auch noch gut erinnern:"Warum habt ihr alle so viel Zeug? Was macht ihr damit? Wofür ist das?" Die war anfangs ganz entsetzt, hat dann aber doch auch etliche Sachen gekauft, tihi...
Und: Super geschrieben, einige Passagen druck ich mir aus und häng sie mir im Badezimmer auf, haha :)
War schön, dich kennen zu lernen!
Bis bald!
Alles Liebe,
*renate*

Vintage Makeup on November 14, 2011 at 10:49 PM said...

It's so funny that you sold a MAC girl MAC stuff! hee he

Rotkäppchen on November 14, 2011 at 10:50 PM said...

Hm, ich argumentiere am meisten, dass die Farbe oder die Textur ganz einzigartig ist-das funktioniert meistens! :)

Blusherine on November 15, 2011 at 8:35 AM said...

@hellokittie: also dein username ist mir schon mal seeeeeeeeehr sympathisch!! :-)) ja, das mädel war zum drücken, sie war so herzig, leider hab ich's zu spät gemerkt!

@SmokyBrownie: Hoffe du auch! :-)

@kimspencil: Probably around 12, maybe even 15, she looked very young! You should!! Definitely!

@suianna: ahhhhhh, du bist das! super!! werde dir dann gleich mal eine echte nachricht schicken! :-)

@Vintage Makeup: we were both laughing at the situation! I told her, I didn't have to give her advice, did I! :o) Another girl next to her had a question about a MAC powder and I asked the pro to answer that! :-)

@Rotkäppchen: das funktioniert bei mir nicht mehr! :-)) er meint, die unterschiede sind so minimal, das merkt man gar nicht! :-) ich schwenke dann um, dass das Sammlerstücke sind... :-) darauf hat er bis jetzt noch keine antwort gefunden! :-)

Yarisse on November 20, 2011 at 9:14 AM said...

I am so glad it turned out so well, you must had great time. And that little girl story is just so cute. Reminds us how we started, hm? :)
I have been going through my stash and checking my backups and backups of backups... I do agree with you - same shopping, less backups. I am donating my stash of unused shower gels, body lotions and shampoos to a local charity organisation next week.

Blusherine on November 21, 2011 at 9:18 AM said...

@Yarisse: hi Yarisse! That's such a good idea! I was thinking of giving some of my stuff to a women's shelter!
and yes, you're so right, less backups!!! :-)

Isa on November 22, 2011 at 5:06 PM said...

Sind die kleinen Schildchen die Preise? :O

Blusherine on November 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM said...

@Isa: ja-ha! :-)

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon