MAC "Have a Lovely Day" Lip and Cheek Colour



MAC's Casual Colour Collection hit stores recently and I had been eyeing this specific shade "Have a Lovely Day" for a while because it looked a lot like MAC Angel in swatches I had seen. And I really like MAC Angel!

I had tried to skip the collection completely (I have way too many lip/cheek cream products), but needless to say, once I was swatching it at the counter, I heard myself saying: "I'll take it"...

I managed to skip the Beth Ditto Collection though, which is almost a shame, because I love Beth Ditto and I think MAC could have made much more of an effort to create unique products for this unique lady (in unique packaging).

But back on track!

I am wearing "Have a Lovely Day" today, I just applied it with my fingers and I applied 2 coats in order for it to cover my natural lip colour.




Since you always ask about the pigmentation of my lips: I have medium pigmented lips, i.e. most lipsticks do cover my natural lips enough so that you can really see the color itself well. Some MAC Lustre formulas however don't show up on my lips, they are a little too sheer for that and when I wear them you can barey see the hue, just my natural color with a sheen. So my lips are not cherry-red and they are not very pale, they are just a medium rosy kind of brown and most lipsticks I apply do transform the appearance of my lips enough to tell a good difference!

I find "Have a Lovely" pleasant to wear, it applies beautifully since it's very creamy and it's very easy to spread with fingers. When I look in the mirror now, after two hours of wear, it has dried down a bit, but it still feels good on my lips.


Take care!
Blusherine





13 comments:

lasuse on June 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM said...

oh, diese lip & cheek colours interessieren mich auch... gott sei dank hab ich keine zeit um in den laden zu laufen, haha :D

LoveT. on June 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM said...

Schöner Farbton! :)

Liebe Grüße ♡

Blusherine on June 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM said...

@ lasuse: Hi lasuse, mir hat ein Mädel beim Flohmarkt erzählt, dass schon einige der Töpfchen ausverkauft sind, da bin ich schnell zu MAC gerannt! :-)

@LoveT.: Danke Dir LoveT.! :-)

Jule von Its faaaabulous on June 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM said...

Ich trage heute "Keep It Loose" :)
Aber diese Farbe habe ich auch! Die Pöttchen gefallen mir total!
Und deine Lippen auch, aber das weißt du ja bereits ;)

Rotkäppchen on June 15, 2012 at 12:26 PM said...

Total hübsch! Ich stand auch vor der Wahl "Beth Ditto" oder "Casual Colour" und hab mich dann kurzfristig für den pinken Lippenstift der Beth Ditto-Kollektion entschieden. Ich hoffe, ich bleibe standhaft und pilgere nicht noch einmal zu MAC...man weiß nie! ;)

Liebe Grüße

Padme on June 15, 2012 at 12:46 PM said...

You have the most gorgeous lips!! Love the lip colour!!
I like some of the lipsticks of the Beth Ditto Collection, but here in Ireland is only available at the airport!! :((
xx

Lilly on June 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM said...

den habe ich mir auch gekauft ;-) und ihn schon ein paar mal im büro getragen. ist eine sehr schöne farbe, der steht dir bestimmt super.

Blusherine on June 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM said...

@Jule: Hi Jule, ich hab "Relaxation" schon auf deinem Blog bewundert, der gefällt mir nämlich auch total gut!

@Rotkäppchen: Das kann ich mir gleich selbst hinter die Ohren schreiben: standhaft bleiben!!

@Padme: Really? What a bummer! One has to fly these days to get the makeup one wants! ;-)

@Lilly: Ich weiß, ich hab mir schon deinen Post durchgelesen und die schöne Pöttchen-Aufstellung ausgiebig bewundert!

K. from drop dead beautiful! on June 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM said...

Oh it suits you so well! I was a naughty girl and got 3 of the colours! Weekend Getaway is my secret favorite!http://h-bsch.blogspot.co.at/2012/06/mac-casual-colour-haul.html

xo
K.

sugarbumpkin on June 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM said...

Noooo! I tried to skip this collection but now I don't know if I can :(

karo on June 17, 2012 at 6:31 PM said...

OMG! Wundervoll! Bin total begeistert!
Liebe grüße

Blusherine on June 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM said...

@sugarbumpkin: noooooooo, bad blusherine!!! :-))


@karo: danke liebe karo!

Blusherine on June 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM said...

@K.: sorry K. I didn't see your comment right away! I will check out your blog post right away!

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon