Catrice Berlin Palette Look

It's Catrice time!

:-)

The new LE palettes are out and the hype continues, but (thank god) this time without me...

Last time Catrice released LE palettes with the Big City Life Collection in October 2011, whole Vienna was on their feet! It was only sold at a handful of Müllers and each store only received six. Imagine the race! As soon as a picture popped up on a blog, twenty people ran to that store to try and get it! I did my share of running and was able to snatch one, but - between you and me - I didn't look pretty when I arrived: sweaty, red in the face, exhausted and just one thing on my mind: did I make it?

I did, and I bought the Berlin and the Sydney palettes, but this time around I am passing. The colors are just not up my alley, but I am still cheering for anyone who is out to get them!

The launch of the new palettes, however, was an occasion to get out my Berlin Palette from last year:





 And here is a look with it. Unfortuntaly, all the shadows look the same, because - due to the flash, they are all washed out! :-(


 
 

My friends Lilly, Nyota, Renate and I have often been discussing how difficult it is to take a decent picture of an eye makeup. We agreed that - most of the time - most of the shades look the same! What you see in the mirror is not what you see on the photo, unless you have excellent lighting and pro equipment (and possibly a patient "pro" boyfriend/husband to take your picture) :-)

Here I have a prime example for you!

I used five different shades for this eye makeup, but honestly, on the picture, I can only see two, a lid color and a highlight color. How unfair! ;-) Granted, the colors are all pretty muted and neutral, but still, it's frustrating to see that the flash washes out everything and that you can only see one color!





So yes I know, the colors are same same, but different!

:o)

xoxo
Blusherine





13 comments:

D D on October 22, 2012 at 2:59 PM said...

du bist wieder daaaaa :) herzlichen glückwunsch zum ergatterten schätzchen ... sieht wunderschön aus! glg

Blusherine on October 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM said...

Hi DD, vielen Dank, jaaa, bin zweitweise wieder da! :-) Die Palette hab ich zum Glück letztes Jahr ergattert, dieses Jahr muss ich mich erholen von dem Laufstress :-)
Hab gerade gesehen auf deinem Blog: man darf zum Magister gratulieren, meinen herzlichen Glückwunsch! *sektkorkenknall*
Liebe Grüße!

D D on October 22, 2012 at 3:28 PM said...

pf zeitweise, owezarra :P dankeschön! wurde ja auch zeit ;)

Blusherine on October 22, 2012 at 3:33 PM said...

hahahaha owezarra, das liebe ich an Wien!

Lyndywyn on October 22, 2012 at 6:21 PM said...

Die Berlin Palette wollte ich damals auch gerne haben, hatte aber keine Chance. Die aktuellen Paletten lassen mich auch eher kalt.
Dein Amu gefällt mir gut!

Lg

Mel Eyre on October 22, 2012 at 6:59 PM said...

Hey, ich benutze in letzter Zeit auch öfter meine Catrice Paletten, ich liebe sie! Ich hoffe ich bekomme dieses Jahr auch eine ab^.^ Aber ich denke das wird schwer...
Die Sidney Palette mag ich am liebsten <3

karo on October 22, 2012 at 7:23 PM said...

Solche Farben trage ich wirklich gerne :)
Liebste Grüße

Padme on October 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM said...

That´s a really nice choice of colours!!
xx

Blusherine on October 23, 2012 at 8:31 AM said...

@Lyndywyn: hi lyndywyn, ich will schon die längste zeit mein backup verlosen, vielleicht geb ich mir ja endlich einen ruck, es wäre höchste zeit! :-)

@Mel Eyre: Hi Mel, beim Müller Mahü hab ich sie gestern vollzählig vorgefunden! Hab aber gepasst, die Farbauswahl ist diesmal einfach nicht so meins!

@karo: Hi karo, ja ich auch, damit kann man - grob gesagt - nie falsch liegen! :-)

@Padme: I agree, Catrice did a great job selecting the colors, and I love the quality of the eyeshadows as well!

Reklamedame on October 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM said...

GsD ist dieser Palettenstresskelch an mir vorübergezogen! Mich nervt das auch mit dieser Fotografiererei! Hab letztens ziemlich dunkle braune Smokey Eyes geschminkt und am Foto schauts aus, als wär ich total nude unterwegs!

Blusherine on October 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM said...

*lol* ja ich weiß genau was du meinst, damit die Farben halbwegs rauskommen muss man sich schminken wie eine Drag Queen! :-D Das schaut dann toll für den Blog aus, aber aus dem Haus will man dann nicht mehr so recht... :-D

Reklamedame on October 25, 2012 at 10:30 AM said...

:D

Taya on October 26, 2012 at 12:02 AM said...

Unfortunatelly we didn't get these palettes from first collection in my place last year, so this year I took a chance and bought 2 of them. Although I think, that palettes (and also nail polishes) from last year were more interesting.

Nice look. :) I totally understand, what you mean. My make up look always look washed out on photos.

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon