Chanel Monte Carlo Lipstick


Now I never go to the Chanel counter just like that. When I'm at my local perfumery I might drop by, look at things and then - most of the times - move on to Catrice or Essence, which are located at the opposite site of the store and also on the opposite price range. I just don't see the point in spending so much on a single item of makeup, and at the speed I am buying makeup I'd rather try more things at a lower price than less things at a higher price. So whenever I'm at the Chanel counter I select carefully. Needless to say, I don't own much by Chanel (or by any other luxury brand for that matter).

But it was Woman Day last week in Vienna, and everything at Douglas was 20% off, so I splurged! :-)


I already owned a Chanel Monte Carlo sample in a small container and ever since trying it for the first time I had been wanting to get it. Before I went to Douglas I looked the lipstick up on Temptalia's site and was really undecided because - even though she rated it with a B+ - it didn't come across as great on her lips as my sample did on mine. So that really made me think again...

Usually, what looks great on Christine, looks good on me, 90% of the time, since we share the same skin tone - NC25/NC30ish with warm undertones - and are both brunettes. I am usually not even considering buying something that I don't like on her. So I must confess: shopping for me is very easy; I am able to blindly buy makeup by just looking at Christine's swatches, doesn't that make my shopping so much easier?! :-)

At the end, I went to Douglas to buy other things, I didn't know what to do, and at the last minute, on impulse, I got it. And here it is in all its splendor :-)

 Ladies and Gentlemen, my first Chanel lipstick:
Chanel Monte Carlo Rouge Coco Shine 




I would describe it as a soft, sheer, wearable, moisturizing, flattering pinkish red. I feel totally comfortable wearing it at the office!

So just one word: LOVE!


xoxo

Blusherine 


  


3 comments:

Reklamedame on October 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM said...

Steht dir viel besser als Christine! Ich kann mich da leider nicht so auf Swatches verlassen...

Lyndywyn on October 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM said...

Er sieht auch wirklich hübsch us, auf Deinen Lippen! Guter Kauf!
Ich wünsch Dir viel Freude damit!
vlg.

karo on October 25, 2012 at 8:32 PM said...

Oh mein Lipstickgod! Der ist so schön und deine Lippen sehen so toll gepflegt aus!
Liebste Grüße

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon