MAC "Endless Night" Nail Lacquer


MAC Endless Night just came out with the Glamour Daze Collection and is a repromote from the Daphne Guinness Collection which was released in January 2012.

It's a color that is very hard to describe, I would say it's a very light muddy brown with pink iridescent shimmer, MAC says that it's a pale gray pink with iridescent pearl. Well there you go! :-) 

The shimmer that you see here in the picture is only visible because I photograph with flash and the shimmer particles really reflect. In real life, the pink iridescence is barely visible!

As far as dupes go, the only color that resembles it in my collection is OPI's Puerto Vallarta Violeta from their Mexico Collection, it's a little more on the lilac/mauve side but shares the same shimmery finish, even if the pearl is not as pink as in MAC Endless Night.

Many of you probably have way more nail polishes than I do and will more easily find a dupe!
*edit: Like Mina points out in the comments and many on Blogger seem to agree: Essie Demure Vixen is a possible dupe! 

In the bottle, OPI's My Very First Knockwurst from their recent Germany Collection also comes close, but it has a creme finish and no sparkles.


For me personally, OPI's Puerto Vallara Violeta is one of my all-time favorite nail polishes. It's girly without being kitschy, subtle, but with that extra kick of pink, shiny yet subdued. My swatch comparison - unfortunately - doesn't do it justice. I will try to make a better swatch sometime soon!

Here is a closeup of MAC Endless Night:



For all swatches I used:

1 coat of Essence Nail Art Protecting Base Coat
2 coats of colored polish 
 1 coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Coat

 If you want to see my complete MAC Glamour Daze Haul, click here.


Have a great Halloween everyone!


xoxo
Blusherine




16 comments:

Kirschblüte on October 31, 2012 at 2:54 PM said...

oh der ist wunderschön <3!

Blusherine on October 31, 2012 at 2:57 PM said...

Hi Petra, ja den musste ich einfach haben :-)

D D on October 31, 2012 at 2:58 PM said...

sehr schön! ich mag diese french/nude töne ... die knockwurst is leiwand :D

Blusherine on October 31, 2012 at 2:59 PM said...

hahahaha, DD, wieso muss ich immer so lachen wenn du kommentierst?!

Mína nail polish on October 31, 2012 at 3:03 PM said...

Looks like Essie Demure Vixen ;)

Blusherine on October 31, 2012 at 3:05 PM said...

Hi Mina, really? I wouldn't know since I don't have that shade, but I am gonna look it up on Google right now! :-)

Frambuesa on October 31, 2012 at 3:45 PM said...

It looks like Demure Vixen, that's true but DV has a lilac/purple shimmer and it's a little bit more dusty and mauve'y. Unfortunately I don't have MAC for comparison in real live :(

Blusherine on October 31, 2012 at 3:47 PM said...

Hi Frambuesa, thanks for your comment! I will have to go buy Essie Demure Vixen now to see for myself, I am really curious! :-)

Frambuesa on October 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM said...

Very cute shade, you really have to try :) And now, since Essie changes their brushes for wide ones, it's even better :) Especially for me, with my wide and big nails :D

Catlicious on October 31, 2012 at 5:05 PM said...

Ich habe ihn mir schon bei der LE im Januar gekauft und liebe ihn, siehe Post
>> http://catliciousgoesnatural.blogspot.de/2012/01/mac-daphne-guinness-le-notd.html

LG

karo on October 31, 2012 at 5:56 PM said...

der ist so wunderschön..und..erinnert mich an essie demuren viven...
geile farbe
happy halloween
boo boo boo :)

Yvonne on November 1, 2012 at 9:18 AM said...

das ist eine sehr schöne farbe! dieses mal gefallen mir eigendlich alle lacke der collection :)

liebe grüsse

NATALiJA WANTS YOU! ♥ on November 2, 2012 at 7:17 AM said...

wundervolle Farbe *_______*

Blusherine on November 2, 2012 at 12:15 PM said...

@Frambuesa: I love the new brush, too! And also for my wide big nails! :-)

@Catlicious: das werd ich gleich mal bei dir vorbeischauen!

@karo: ja, ich muss mir den demure vixen unbedingt besorgen, glaub ich :-)

@Yvonne: mir auch Yvonne! Leider meinem Geldbörserl nicht... :-(

@Natalija: yesssssssss!! :-)

Lulillan on November 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM said...

It sure looks like Essie Demure Vixen! My first thoughts...

Blusherine on November 7, 2012 at 1:57 PM said...

Hi Lulillan, I will have to buy it now! :-)

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon