MAC Glamour Daze Collection





It's a haul!

I went to the preview party for MAC's Glamour Daze Collection yesterday, and let me tell you, I went crazy! The packaging!!! I mean, look at these palettes, aren't they just the cutest thing?


 


I envision them on my future makeup table in my future makeup room (both not bound to exist anytime soon), they will sit there pretty, mainly to be looked at, because - honestly - if it was for the eyeshadows themselves, I wouldn't have bought one single palette. The testers at the party swatched horribly,  and I mean horribly. I am usually not one to complain about the quality in kits, but this time, I have to say, I am less than impressed! I still had to have two kits because I collect MAC special edition packaging and these were just too cute to be skipped.

Here is the Smoky Eyes palette:


Here is a quick look with it:



 The names of the palettes got me really confused. What they called the Smoky Palette would usually have been labelled as Cool Palette. They did a Neutral Palette which seemed kind of smoky to me, and their Warm Palette IS warm, but could easily have been called neutral palette.

I got so confused at the counter that I couldn't remember what to tell the saleslady, so I had to take her to the testers, point my finger and - like a three-year-old - say: please, I want that palette! :-)

I also got the Warm Eyes Palette:

 



Here is a look with it:

 

For more details on the look click here


All in all, there are too many lustre finishes or shadows that perform like lustres in these palettes. If I were a new customer to MAC and saw the chunky glitter and poor pigmentation I would be less than impressed. I would probably not come back to buy MAC's permanent eyeshadows since you can find smoother and richer colors at most any drugstore brand. As much as I love lustre lipstick formulas, lustre eyeshadows to me translate as gritty and colorless. I will make them work by using richly colored cream bases and then tap the glitter chunks on top of them. Hopefully that will work out all right. I am very disappointed though!


For my imaginary makeup table in my imaginary makeup room I also got the Gorgeous Bronze Face Kit

 
 
 


As if that already wasn't enough shopping, I also got 4 things from the actual color story, and these really ARE great quality:

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow Stolen Moment
Extra Dimension Eyeshadow Round Midnight
Blush Small Vanity
Nail Lacquer Endless Night (repromote from Daphne Guinness)
 

 Here is a look with Stolen Moment and Round Midnight:


For more details on the look click here.


I like the fact that they have diminished the size of the eyeshadows (from the original launch In Extra Dimension in April 2012). Of course, they could have diminished the price accordingly, but still, I like the small pans much better because I can depot them and they will fit into my palette. Also: i rarely ever like an eyeshadow as much as to buy a large size, and if I really do, I'll just buy a backup!

Here is a swatch of the nail polish, MAC Nail Lacquer in Endless Night


For more details and a swatch comparison click here.


The Extra Dimension Skinfinish Superb is also part of the collection but I didn't buy it because I already had it from the In Extra Dimension Collection. It's a great highlighter, I can really recommend it, it's high shine, but not chunky! Together with "Soft and Gentle" this is my favorite powder highlighter from MAC!


Here is a look with Small Vanity Blush and Superb Extra Dimension Skinfinish:

 
  
 Ever since seeing it online I also had to get the Hanging Travel Bag. I have been meaning to get something similar for a very long time and I am glad I could get one by my favorite makeup brand. Yay for the hanger!


 Last but not least I got the Mineralize Brush Kit. They did a really good job with the brushes this year, they are really soft and the shapes are good (not so much the shape of the small brushes in the eyeshadow kits, those have decreased in quality, visibly!).


 From left:
187 SE
130 SE
286 SE
282 SE


  So that was my haul!

Don't hate me for it, I have used up all my designated money for makeup shopping until the end of the year!!

 And to sum it all up, here is a picture that I will randomly call: post photographing mess...





The gorgeous model from the MAC flyer:

 



 If you're interested in more pictures from the event, go to:


xoxo
Blusherine



9 comments:

D D on October 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM said...

na prack! du hältst die wiender wirtschaft on top :P wirklich hübscheste dingens! muss mal schaun ob ich noch ein pinselset erwische :D
btw: der lidstrich vom model ist so geil - aber absolut bei mir nicht tauglich ... spätestens nach ner std seh ich aus wie ein unausgeschlafener groupie :P

Blusherine on October 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM said...

hahahaha, ja, ich rette österreich aus dem wirtschaftskrisen-sumpf, hahahaha, nur, wer rettet dann mich??!! :-))

xasperadastra Make up Deer on October 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM said...

uohhh non puoi capire quanto sono contenta di vedere questo post! Mi sto scervellando per decidere se è il caso o no di comprare una palette occhi. Trovo il packaging carinissimo, ma non riesco a capire se la qualità delle palettine è buona o no. Mi piacciono entrambe quelle che hai preso tu, ma credo sceglierei la warm! Pensi pubblicherai gli swatches?

Blusherine on October 30, 2012 at 1:27 PM said...

ciao Laura!! io le ho prese solamente perché mi piaceva il packaging, se fosse stato packaging normale non le avrei preso, ma neanche per sogno! la qualitá non è buona, ma dovevo averle, assolutamente, per decorare la mia stanza :-)) non credo faró swatches, anche perché mi verrá da piangere... :-))

xasperadastra Make up Deer on October 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM said...

ahahah ho capito... io ne prenderei una soprattutto per il packaging, ma vorrei anche poter utilizzare gli ombretti.. mmm un giorno dico "sì la prendo" e il giorno dopo "no, non ne vale la pena".. se sono davvero terribili forse è meglio lasciar perdere nel mio caso, ma.. sono sempre indecisa :P

Blusherine on October 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM said...

hahahaha, capisco benissimo! ma forse se metti una base in crema colorata molto intensa e poi metti sopra gli ombretti, forse funzionerà! io volevo prendere solo la smoky, e poi ho preso anche l'altra, perché mi piaceva tanto tanto la copertina soffice... :-))

My Bathroom/Wardrobe Is My Castle on October 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM said...

super einkäufe! das bronzing kit sieht klasse aus und die kühl wirkende palette gefällt mir auch sehr gut.
die extra dimension e/s sind also jetzt kleiner, das muss ich mir mal genauer anschauen.
viel freude mit den sachen; ich finde es toll, wenn man sich auch mal ein bißchen mehr "gönnt". :-)

herzliche grüße und einen schönen dienstag.

Kirschblüte on October 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM said...

ohhhh toller haul!
darf mir gar keine fotos mehr ansehen, sonst komm ich noch in versuchen mir mehr zu holen :)

Blusherine on October 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM said...

@My Bathroom/Wardrobe Is My Castle: ohhh danke Britta! Das geht runter wie Butter :-)) Ja, zu Weihnachten darf man sich auch mal selbst beschenken! :-)

@Kirschblüte: Meine Worte!! :-)) Das Lippen-Kit das Lilly und du euch geholt habt, das wär noch in der Version peach auf meiner (selbstverstänldich nicht existierenden) Wunschliste... :-)

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon