MAC "Russian Red" Nail Lacquer


MAC Russian Red is - hands down - my favorite nail polish that MAC released in 2012. It's not that special colorwise, it doesn't do funky things in different lighting, it's even extremely dupable, but still, I love it against my skintone and it's nearly opaque in one coat - I used two here, though.

Russian Red came out with the Lips & Tips Fashion Sets Collection in May, I was really hoping MAC would make it permanent with the Nail Lacquer Collection but they didn't. I'm sure it will pop up in some colorstory sooner or later!

The only downside: it chips pretty easily, I think I should note that. But nevertheless, it's a beautiful classic red cream that applies evenly and opaquely. I have been wearing it on my toes almost all summer!

For the swatches here I used:
1 coat of Essence Nail Art Protecting Base Coat
2 coats of MAC Russian Red
 1 coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Coat



xoxo
Blusherine




11 comments:

Fashionobsession-mieni on December 4, 2012 at 12:03 PM said...

This nailpolish is beautiful!! I love the colour so much it is such a great shade of red!! Woow!

Hope you visit me on my blog
fashionobsession-mieni.com

Blusherine on December 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM said...

I know, me too! Could wear it all year round! :-)

Sarah on December 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM said...

A very pretty red polish! If I wouldn't have 242435234 already, I might have bought it also. LOL But I agree with you, it does look very nice with your skin tone. :)

Blusherine on December 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM said...

You only have so few red polishes??!! :-DD

karo on December 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM said...

Der ist unglaublich schön!
Ich will den Lippenstift haben :)))
Liebste Grüße & einen schönen Abend

Lilly on December 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM said...

ein außergewöhnliches rot, dass so ziemlich allen steht. ich finde rote nägel an dir besonders hübsch, vor allem zur weihnachtszeit.

Padme on December 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM said...

Such a beautiful and classic shade!!
xx

Lyndywyn on December 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM said...

Schöne Farbe und so schön lackiert!!
lg

Blusherine on December 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM said...

@karo: den will ich auch! :-))

@Lilly: danke Lilly! Na dann werde ich mich bemühen, morgen rot zu tragen! :-D

@Padme: I know, always appropriate, right?

@Lyndywyn: Ich halte bei jedem Nagel immer die Luft an, damit ich nichts verwackle! :-DD

Tina on December 26, 2012 at 4:31 AM said...

Oh, that's an amazing, true, classic red! Too bad it chips easily! :(


xxx

Kim on December 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM said...

This colour is really amazing! I will keep my eyes open for that polish!

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon