Dinner Party in Navy Blue...


Hi everybody!

Life has become so much easier since I own a smartphone! For many things, like for looking up recipes at the supermarket, catching trains in time and also for blogging! I never bothered to take my camera with me anywhere, and now, with my phone, I always have one on me! Given, the quality is not as good, but I can take snapshots whenever and wherever and share them and I hope you like it!

So last week I had to go to a company dinner. The dress code was Cocktail - which means short, elegant dresses for ladies and dark suits for men. Since I didn't have anything to wear (really, I swear!) I went dress shopping last week.

I went to my usual stores: H&M, Esprit and Zara and I didn't find anything. I was about to give up when I saw the Mango sign. I usually never find anything at Mango because the cuts are too petite for my not so petite body, especially at the shoulders tops never fit me properly.

But, surprise surprise, I found something, and even on sale:

I realize you can't see much of the dress :-D so here it is from their homepage:





It was 50% off the retail price, so I ended getting it for 24,99 euro. I added a chain belt from Zara to give it more structure.

I also added a blazer, also from Mango, it's this one here, for 49,99 euro:

Shoes were these Mary-Janes-heels from Guess, I wrote about them here, I have a black and a red version (and to be honest, also a nude version...)


 
 
I actually ended up changing them for black booties, because it was snowing heavily that evening and the streets were snow-covered and icy!

For earrings I picked these ones out at SIX, vaguely remembering the shade of the dress...


 ...and the nail polish was MAC Rain of Flowers:



 Hope you liked my "business outfit of the day" :-)

xoxo
Blusherine





23 comments:

Anna im Wunderland on February 27, 2013 at 11:34 AM said...

Very cute Outfit! Love the monocolour look!

Blusherine on February 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM said...

Thank you very much Anna! I was glad I found an outfit at the last minute, I thought I would have to recycle summer dresses into winter ones... :-D

Mína nail polish on February 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM said...

Perfect combos!

Blusherine on February 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM said...

Thank you Mina, very much!

Kirschblüte on February 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM said...

hey sexy! super outfit! und der nagellack ist toll!

Blusherine on February 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM said...

Danke Petra, weißt eh, der ist von der Marke meines Vertrauens... :-DD
Liebe Grüße und ich nehme an bis heute Abend!
Blusherine

MissA* on February 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM said...

That's a very nice dress! I've the same quilt cover too :D

Jule von Its faaaabulous on February 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM said...

Bist du ein heißer Feger! Toll! Toll! Toll! Deine Beine....hach, dich würde ich auch gerne mal ausführen. LOL!

fashion-meets-art on February 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM said...

toller look. vorallem gefallen mir die schuhe u dein nagellack :) u ich glaube, ich habe den gleichen ikea spiegel..hehe :)
alles liebe
maren anita

FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

Blusherine on February 27, 2013 at 4:13 PM said...

@MissA: Thank you very much! We're both Ikea fans then! :-)

@Jule: hahahahaha, 10cm-Absätze machen automatisch schlanke Beine!!

@fashion-meets-art: Danke Dir, das freut mich sehr! Ja stimmt, der ist von Ikea! :-) Würd mich mal interessieren ob's den noch gibt, den hab ich vor 10 Jahren gekauft! :-)
Liebe Grüße!

karo on February 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM said...

OMG!!! traumhaftes Look meine Liebe!
GRANDIOS! <3 <3 <3 Bin echt hin und weg!
Liebste grüße & einen schönen Abend

Babsi´s Beauty-Gossip on February 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM said...

Sieht echt toll aus, passt dir gut :) und der Nagellack ist ja toll! ICh glaube du hast letztens vom Happy Vietnam gepostet wenn mich nicht alles täuscht oder?? Ich war heute mit meinem Freund auch dort nach der Arbeit :) war lecker! LG Babsi

Padme on February 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM said...

love the outfit!! <3

Diorella on February 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM said...

wow super Outfit!!!! LG Aida

Blusherine on February 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM said...

Awwwww, thank you girls!!

@Babsi: Der Nagellack vom Happy-Vietnam-Post war einer von Essie, das war Recessionista!

christerl on February 28, 2013 at 9:23 AM said...

Sieht toll aus! Sehr elegant und schön <3

Blusherine on February 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM said...

Danke Christerl, liebe von dir!!

Denisa on February 28, 2013 at 11:38 AM said...

I really like that colors. Very nice. Have a great day.

http://www.fashiondenis.com/

Blusherine on February 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM said...

Thank you very much Denisa! Usually, I don't wear a lot of navy, but I really liked the dress and everything else went from there!
Love,
Blusherine

Reklamedame on February 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM said...

Schönes Outfit! Und die Schuhe sind der Hammer, besonders in Rot! *lechz*

Blusherine on March 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM said...

Danke Reklamedame! Schön sind sie, ja, bequem eher nein! :-)

Yvonne on March 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM said...

wow sieht das toll aus! und du meine güte hast du tolle beine!! :))

liebe grüsse

Blusherine on March 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM said...

Danke Yvonne, 10 Jahre Kunstturnen waren also nicht umsonst! :-)

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon