I Follow Rivers...




Hi my dear,

my vacation has come to an end, I left South Tyrol this morning, my boyfriend came to pick me up and we drove back to Vienna. It's a long drive, it takes about 7 hours (if you kind of respect the speed limits) :-)

On the radio (or should I say on my phone):


I always get a little homesick when I spend time at home, I then sometimes wonder why I ever left...



My hometown Meran is a pretty place in northern Italy, located within a basin and surrounded by mountains.


What's special about it is that about 50% of the inhabitants speak German and 50% speak Italian. How it became this way? South Tyrol was once part of Austria but when Austria lost World War I, Meran and the rest of South Tyrol became part of Italy.

Meran (the Italian name is Merano) is divided into three town parts: Obermais, Untermais and Meran. The river Passer divides Obermais and Untermais from Meran.


Looks like a mountain stream in this pictures, but actually this is the part that leads from Obermais down to the town center. It's called Gilf. Many years ago this was my way to high school, but now, I follow the river to go shopping into town :-)

Here is a better view, it shows the Wandelhalle, seen from the Empress Elisabeth Park. The Tower in the left side of the picture is the Pulverturm.


On a high plateau above Meran lies the skiing area Meran 2000. We didn't go skiing this time, we only went for a walk. We both had to buy sunglasses on top of the mountain because the mid-March sun was reflecting so heavily we could barely open our eyes.

 

I bought three nail polishes while I was on vacation, from Italian brand Collistar:


From left:
534 Verde Dinamica
543 Arancio Energica
542 Arancio Solare

Of course I had to try one out right away, so here comes Verde Dinamica:



I also got the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation because I heard many good things about it and Rimmel is not available in Austria anymore. I got shade 303 True Nude (which sounds very light but really is a medium beige color). They had a promotion where you got a free Wake Me Up Concealer with it and my foundation shade was packaged with the Concealer shade 040 Soft Beige. Can't wait to try both!


I also got the L'Oréal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara, but unfortunately, I don't like it so much... It clumps heavily, anyone else had that experience?

Other than that I spent most of my time chasing my little niece:


I miss her already now that I'm back in Vienna!

What's up next?

Work tomorrow, awwwwwww.....

But I'll get back into the groove!

xoxo
Blusherine




10 comments:

Mary on March 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM said...

What a beautiful place!

Einzelkind on March 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM said...

Ich will auf jeden Fall mehr von der wake me up foundation lesen :)
Sowas könnte ich gebrauchen ^^

Liebste Grüße
zimtkringel.blogspot.de

Reklamedame on March 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM said...

Oh, das schaut ja total schön aus! Da mussich mal hinfahren!

karo on March 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM said...

Schöne Bilder meine liebe!
Die Nagellacke sehen Super aus.
Auf die Foundation bin schon echt gespannt.
Dann Schlaf schön da du morgen wieder arbeiten muss :-/ grrrr
Bussi

christerl on March 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM said...

Südtirol ist wirklich wunderschön, jedes Mal Urlaub machen dort war einfach ein Traum. Leider war ich schon lange nicht mehr dort -- wäre aber wieder mal einen Besuch wert!
Das mit dem Heimweh kann ich übrigens gut nachvollziehen. Immer, wenn ich ein paar Tage bei meiner Familie in Linz bin und dann wieder zurück nach Graz fahren muss, bin ich total traurig ^^

(Die Wake me up Foundation ist übrigens echt toll! Meine liebste bisher)

Liebe Grüße :)

Lilly on March 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM said...

fein, dass du so einen schönen urlaub hattest. und ich sehe ein nichten-foto <3. hat sie sich über deine geschenke gefreut?
südtirol ist wunderschön, ich war noch nie dort, obwohl wir ja da verwandte haben. vielleicht machst du mal eine guided tour mit uns? durch meran? das tät mir voll taugen.
alles liebe und einen guten wochenstart!

Babsi´s Beauty-Gossip on March 25, 2013 at 9:18 PM said...

Wow, tolle Fotos und die Nagellacke sehen ja super toll aus :) LG Babsi

MissA* on March 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM said...

I've never been to Meran before. Spent 2 days in Bolzano last summer. South Tyrol is a very beautiful place. I hope we get to go there again this summer :)

Blusherine on March 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM said...

Thank you very much for you comments everyone!

So I guess we'll all take a trip to Meran and I'll be your tour guide! :-)))

Much love
Blusherine

Denisa on March 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM said...

Oo, so many amazing pics. I like it. Have agreat day.

http://www.fashiondenis.com/

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon