I Back 2 MACd


Hi everyone!

Long time no see!

It's been a busy past couple of months for me, lots of stuff going on in my personal life that kept me busy and on my toes, but now, hopefully, things will quiet down a bit and I have more time to relax and to - yes - blog again! At least a little bit! Won't make any promises as to how often I will update, but we'll see!

So to catch up a bit: this past month I've been on a short trip to Mallorca, to Palma de Mallorca, to be precise. I might post pictures of the trip, if you're interested - if you follow me on Instagram, you might have already seen them.

Anyhoo, as most of you know, I am a major MAC Cosmetics fan and since I cannot Back 2 MAC my empties here in Austria (they don't offer the program here) - I took advantage of my trip to Spain. If you're unaware about the Back 2 MAC program, you can read about it here. Basically, by returning six empty MAC containers you’ll receive a free lipstick. I had 12 empty containers, and here they are! I apologize for the bad picture! I took it quickly at the hotel before turning everything in at the MAC Counter at El Corte Inglés in Palma.


Last time I Back 2 MACd was in June 2011, you can read about it here

So basically, since then - in two years - this is what I used up!

5 MAC Brush Cleansers
I am gonna do a little math here :-) 5 Brush Cleansers in two years, that means I need 2,5 Brush Cleansers per year.
Would I repurchase?
Yes I would, I already have and I will in the future.


Select Cover-Up Concealer in NC30
 I love this concealer, I take it for anything: from pin-point concealing to concealing larger red areas on my face to occasionally concealing under my eyes, if I'm lazy. It works for all three purposes.
Would I repurchase?
Yes! Already have!


Nail Lacquer "Light Affair"
I finished this nail polish a long time ago, I only kept it this long so I could Back 2 MAC it, isn't it lovely how we keep trash only so we can get a free lipstick? ;-) It came out in 2009 with the Love Lace Collection, I finished it early last year, according to my MAC inventory list :-) Here is a picture in the blogpost I wrote about it. It was also featured in my "MAC Oscars 2010" post here.
Would I repurchase?
Yes! I definitely would! If it's ever repromoted, I will. 


Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
I'll keep it short on this one, love it, works great for my dry skin, sets my foundation without caking it up, gives a smooth, natural finish, it's just LOVE!
Would I repurchase?
Yes! I already have!


Plush Lash in Plushblack
Possibly my all-time favorite mascara, together with MaxFactor False Lash Effect.
Would I repurchase?
Yes! I have a ton of other mascaras to use up at the moment, but I am always re-purchasing MAC Plush Lash - sometimes sooner, sometimes later.


Lip Conditioner Stick SPF 15
 This came out with the Warm & Cozy Collection in 2010, I thought it's a permanent product but apparently it's not. I didn't like it, it did not moisturize my lips, it almost made them even drier.
Would I repurchase?
No! There are way better lip treatments on the market, I would definitely not repurchase!


Opulash "Victorious"
 Colored mascaras just don't show up on me. That I have learned by now! I'm a brunette, my lashes are brown, unless I stand in bright sunlight, you don't even see a hue of color. This one - a purple shade by the name of Victorious - came out with the Wonder Woman Collection in 2011.
Would I repurchase?
No! One, because I just like black mascaras the best. Two, because I find the brush of the Opulash a bit too large for my rather small eyes. 


Lipglass "Young Thing"
 You can never go wrong with a pale, nude lipgloss: use it for a natural day look, use it to complement smoky eyes at night, or - what I have used it most for - to tone down a lipstick that's too bright! Oh, and one more use: when you put on lipstick that you thought would match the eye makeup perfectly and then it doesn't, nude lipgloss will take out the oomph of the lip color and make it more muted and wearable. "Young Thing" came out with the Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection in 2009, the closest color in the permanent range would probably be C-Thru.
 Would I repurchase?
Yes! Even though it's basically only a simple nude lipgloss that many brands make, the excitement of finishing it easily would make me repurchase! :-)


So I hope you liked my little review of the things I have used up!

Have you used up anything lately! Are you hoarding it so that you can Back 2 MAC it? Can you do Back 2 MAC in your country?

I'd love to know!

xoxo
Blusherine




4 comments:

Ana Rita Domingues on October 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM said...

We can do back2mac here in Portugal, but we can choose only lipsticks (no eyeshadows or lipglosses like in the US). I think it's an amazing program. Last time I picked 2 of the Retro Matte lipsticks ^^

xo
BLOG | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | YOUTUBE

Blusherine Vienna on October 31, 2013 at 9:18 AM said...

Hi Ana!
I wish we had the program in Austria, the closest city to Vienna they offer the program is Prague, I think! I also wish we could get eyeshadows in Europe, I have a few on my wishlist! ;-)
xoxo
Blusherine

Reklamedame on October 31, 2013 at 4:29 PM said...

Und was hast du dir dafür ausgesucht?

Blusherine Vienna on November 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM said...

Hi Reklamedame! Ich habe mir die warme und die kalte Lidschattenpalette gekauft und das warme Face Kit! Alles Weihnachtsgeschenke an mich selber! :-)

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon