MAC Bad Girl RiRi Lipstick


MAC's Bad Girl RiRi lipstick is part of the upcoming RiRi hearts MAC Collection that's about to release this Christmas holiday.

Now don't be fooled by my swatch, this might look like a typical "my lips but better" shade, but Bad Girl RiRi is really a pretty dark, opaque brown shade with a matte finish. Keep in mind that I use a flash in all my pictures and that it washes out the color quite a bit!

Now we all know Rihanna is brave and we all know how she rocks matte lipsticks, but for me - personally - I find matte finishes a little hard to pull off. I have large lips and if I cover them completely with a flat matte opaque color I feel like they become even more prominent and that makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I know the general agreement is that mattes look more natural but I personally always feel that a little bling bling on the lips distracts from an obvious coat of color.

So to sum it up: Blusherine = shiny lips! :-)

That doesn't mean I never wear mattes, I just oomph them up a bit! :-) If I like the color of the lipstick (which in this particular case I do) I'll wear lip balm underneath so that the lipstick goes on smoother and shinier. I love to wear "O" lipstick by MAC like that for example. If that's still not enough creaminess, I'll put a clear gloss on top, or even a colored one, to make the shade more interesting and multi-dimensional.


MAC describes the color as a matte taupey nude, I personally don't see much taupe in it, much rather warmer hues!

In Austria the online release is scheduled for December 10 while it should be available at counters on December 27. It will cost 21 Euros.

So are you gonna get it? Or is anything else is on your wishlist? I will pass on the bright pink lipstick "Pleasure Bomb" and I already have "RiRi Woo" which has already been released (but which I have been too afraid to wear so far) :-))

xoxo
Blusherine

This product has been provided by PR. Opinions are my own.


12 comments:

divna on December 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM said...

ui sehr schön! ist das so ein bisschen ylbb? steht dir sehr gut!

Blusherine Vienna on December 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM said...

Danke Divna! Er ist schon dünkler und brauner als meine Lippen, man sieht es besser im Gesamtbild, hier am Lippenswatch ist es etwas schwierig zu beurteilen! Aber er ist sehr schön, das stimmt! :-)
Liebe Grüße und ich hoffe es geht dir schon besser!

Babsi´s Beauty-Gossip on December 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM said...

sehr schön natürlich, super :) LG Babsi

Blusherine Vienna on December 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM said...

Danke Babsi! *fliegeküsschen* :-)

Lilly on December 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM said...

die farbe steht dir super, ich hab noch immer angst, dass die an mir blöd ausschaut und trau mich nicht den lippenstift zu benutzen.

mir tät ja die lidschattenpalette aus der LE taugen, aber ich hab schon tonnenweise lidschatten und daher gibts die nicht für mich.

alles liebe miss shiny lips ;-)

Blusherine Vienna on December 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM said...

Hihihihi, trau dich, dann sind wir schon zwei Bad Girl Riris! :-)
Ich will mir die Sachen noch in Ruhe anschauen, wenn's dann noch was gibt wenn ich aus dem Weihnachtsurlaub retour bin dann schlag ich zu!
Ja, Miss Shiny Lips gefällt mir! :-DD
Liebe Grüße!

Karo on December 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM said...

Wahnsinn...wow...ähhhhh...
eine sOOOOOO tolle Farbe!
*habenwill*
liebste grüße & bussi

Blusherine Vienna on December 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM said...

:-DDDD KAUFEN, KAUFEN!! ;-)))
Viele Bussis zurück!

CherryPrincess on January 5, 2014 at 6:47 PM said...

Ooooooooh wie hübsch!
Eine wirklich unglaublich tolle Farbe! :)

Liebe Grüße
CherryPrincess

Blusherine on January 7, 2014 at 11:39 AM said...

Ja, MAC kann das mit den Lippenstiften! :-)
Liebe Grüße!

Marionhairmakeup on February 5, 2014 at 11:41 AM said...

total schön die Lippenfarbe an dir..so dezent und natürlich;)
mag ich sehr so Töne!
Liebe Grüße

Blusherine on February 5, 2014 at 11:42 AM said...

Oh Dankeschön Marion! *fliegeküsschen* :-)

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon