February Empties & Review

Hi everyone!

February has come and gone and here are the products I have used up this month:

Bioderma Sensibio H2O
 Where shall I start... I know many of you LOVE this product... me, not so much unfortunately...
A couple of very famous British Youtubers hyped this product a while ago to the extent that I thought I HAD TO HAVE IT. The claims were - I remember - "it takes off all your makeup".
Now I put my makeup on at 6.30 in the morning and I want it to last all day into the evening, that means - for eyes at least - longlasting primer, paint pot, eyeshadow, mascara, sometimes liner. And try as I might, Bioderma cannot get it off at the end of the day without me rubbing the skin around my eyes fiery red.
Now if I were a professional makeup artist and had to do several looks on a model within one day, where makeup durability is not so much an issue, then yes, this product would come handy because it does remove (non-waterproof) makeup without leaving a greasy residue on the skin, perfect for quickly moving on to the next look. But when you aim for all-day, longlasting... less than impressed!
The only time it does come handy is when I get lots of fallout from an eyeshadow and need to remove it, for that Bioderma is perfect, because - again - no greasy residue on the skin, and I can move on straight to applying concealer over that area. It took me a looooong time to use up this bottle, sometimes I used it to remove my foundation when I ran out of my face wipes, for that it worked great too (maybe you're even supposed to use it only for that? Who knows. But all those Youtube gurus were addressing eye makeup especially).
Repurchase? NO!

 L'Oréal Gentle Make-up Remover for Eyes & Lips
Now this is what really works for me (if you've read what I just wrote about the Bioderma remover :-)). I need me some oil to get all the gunk off my face :-)). I've tried oil-based makeup removers across brands (I've tried the Maybelline one, the Garnier one, the Nivea one) but I always come back to the L'Oréal makeup remover. It doesn't irritate my eyes, the oil film is barely noticeable (at least to me), I just love it. I have used it for years and years and I always have it in stock at home.
Repurchase? ALWAYS! :-)

MAC Brush Cleanser
On average I need 2,5 MAC Brush Cleansers per year, I spot clean my brushes every day after use and I am actually surprised I don't need more product per year! What I don't like about it is the packaging, I would much rather have it in a spray bottle, that's why I always transfer it into one myself. Other than that? Very pleased with the product.
Repurchase? YES!

bpretty Mascara Gel
I use this as an eyebrow gel every day. It's cheap (1,61 €), it does the job and the tube is small so I use it up fast (eyebrow gel looks pretty gross pretty fast). I have used up countless tubes before and always have backups at home.
Repurchase? YES!

Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil
 Really liked this lip balm, it has a sweet smell (I'd guess pomegranate, though have no idea how that smells). It moisturizes well and feels comfortable on the lips, it leaves a barely visible tint of pink on your lips, which I liked.
 Repurchase? YES! (But first I need to use up my gazillion other lip balms)

 Make Up Forever Liquid Lift Foundation
A solid foundation, I liked it. Very suitable for dry skin, would definitely not recommend this for oily skin since it feels very moisturizing and has a dewy finish (which I personally really like, especially in the winter, when my skin gets extra-dry). It gives light to medium coverage, I would say, and looks very natural. It would also be appropriate for mature skins (which, let's face it, I am not 16 anymore!).
Repurchase? NO! Even though I liked it, I didn't love it enough to be repurchasing. But I rarely repurchase foundation anyway.

 Have you tried any of these products? Do you agree with me or don't you? Do you hate me for not liking Bioderma? :o)
I'd be curious! :-)

xoxo
Blusherine

 

8 comments:

Lyndywyn on March 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM said...

Also ich mochte das Bioderma, bin aber genauso zufrieden mit der Loreal Variante. Ich hab damit eigentlich keinen Streß, abgesehen von wasserfester Mascara, die ich nur im Urlaub benutze, bekomme ich alles runter. Dafür mag ich den Mac brushcleanser überhaupt nicht! Ich reinige meine Pinsel auch nicht jeden Tag, aber schon so einmal in der Woche. Vor allem die Foundationpinsel. Ich mach das mit Kernseife und dem Gesichtsreinigungspad von ebelin. Bin damit sehr zufrieden!

Lg

Lilly on March 3, 2014 at 6:58 PM said...

wenn dir das bioderma nicht taugt, probier mal das produkt von garnier (das gibts bei müller und dm). das ist wesentlich billiger, leichter zu bekommen und ich finde auch besser, als das bioderma. beim augenmakeup wirds trotzdem probleme geben, da empfehle ich dir den respectissime augenmakeupentferner von la roche possay (der ist sensationell für sensible augen wie deine).
ich finde das ure super, dass du so viel aufgebraucht hast!

Cheryl Brant on March 3, 2014 at 9:58 PM said...

I share your opinion on the Bioderma, I did a blogpost on it about two weeks ago and described the same "problem". I used the L'oréal make-up remover as well, but now changed to the clinique take the day off cleansing balm. I liked the one from L'oréal, but I think Clinique's a little more gentle (review in the same blogpost as the bioderma ;-))
where can I get the bpretty brow gel? It looks quite interesting...

Blusherine on March 4, 2014 at 9:34 AM said...

@Lyndywyn: Hi Lyndywyn, die Pinsel mit Cremerückständen reinige ich auch anders, mit Babyshampoo! Sonst hab ich nur noch den Kiko Pinselreiniger probiert, der duftet etwas stärker aber ist auch gut!

@Lilly: Hi Lilly, da werde ich mir mal La Roche-Posay anschauen! Ja, das ging ruck-zuck diesem Monat mit aufbrauchen, im März hab ich jetzt auch schon 2 Produkte aufgebraucht, aber ich weiß du bist derzeit auch im Aufbrauch-Modus! :-)

@Cheryl Brant: Hi Cheryl, thanks for stopping by! I will head on right over to your blog and read your review!
I'm afraid the bpretty brow gel is only available in Austria, but I assure you, any clear mascara or brow gel will do, I just buy this one because it's real cheap!

Babsi´s Beauty-Gossip on March 4, 2014 at 6:38 PM said...

Schön wieder von dir zu lesen Blusherine ;) LG Babsi

Blusherine on March 5, 2014 at 1:43 PM said...

Hi Babsi, danke Dir! Ja, hin und wieder bin ich motiviert! :-))
Liebe Grüße!

ulli ks on March 14, 2014 at 11:31 PM said...

Ich habe das Biodera noch nicht probiert und habe es auch nicht vor, da ich momentan einige gute Produkte zur Gesichtsreinigung gefunden und in Verwendung habe...

Zur Pinselreinigung habe ich zwar auch den MAC rush Cleanser, benutze diesen aber nur zwischendurch zum raschen Reinigen. 1x pro Woche kommt dann die Grundwäsche mit einer Pinselseife, die ich bei Douglas gekauft habe.
Babshampoo hatte ich auch eine Weile in Verwendung, aber das auswaschen des Shampoos dauert immer so ewig.
Das geht mit der Siefe wesentlich schneller ;-)

Lieben Gruß,
ulli ks

Blusherine on March 17, 2014 at 2:01 PM said...

Hi Ulli, Babyshampoo nehm ich auch immer für Pinsel mit Creme-Rückständen, das funktioniert super, aber stimmt, das trocknen dauert ewig!
Liebe Grüße!

Post a Comment

 

Blusherine Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon